Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Polly the Parrot

 Polly the parrot.


Hi my name is Polly, I am a cheeky parrot. I have ruby red, bright sunny yellow and sky blue feathers.


One day I was getting fed. My owner ran out off bird seeds so she had to go to the shop to get more. She left my cage door open, I escaped and I flew out of the window. 


I was flying around for a long time and got lost. I got very tired and I started to get scared.   


I saw some trees ahead so I flew in and landed on a big fat brown branch. It started to get windy and I was feeling cold so I wrapped myself in lots of big bright coloured Autumn leaves and fell asleep.


When I woke up the sun was shining brightly and I heard someone calling “Polly, Polly where are you”?


Yay it was my family! I quickly flew to the voices, we were all so, so happy to see each other. We went home together and I never escaped again.



3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Charlie Mae,

    What a lovely story about Polly. I love how you stayed in first person and you were clear about how Polly felt at the different points in the story. Did you make this story up or is it based on something you've done in class?

    You could create an animation to go along with your story. This site might help you.. I bet you'd make a great animation.

    I'd love to see you practising the quality blog commenting that we started in class. Don't forget to be positive, thoughtful and helpful.

    Keep up the great learning and blogging,
    :) Sharon - Te Ara Tūhura Education Programme Leader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Sharon,
      Well last Lockdown Me and my Mum worked on this. Thank you for your kind comment and thanks for the site. <3 :) From Charlie Mae.

      Delete
    2. Kia ora Charlie Mae,

      It is so great that you and your mum worked on this piece of writing. I hope you have a look at the site and try out making something.

      Keep up the great learning and blogging,
      :) Sharon - Te Ara Tūhura Education Programme Leader

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post